Key question: What do Christians learn from the Creation Story?
By the end of this unit, children will recognise:
- God the Creator cares for creation, including human beings;
- As human beings are part of God’s good creation, they do best when they listen to God;
- The Bible shows that God wants to help people to be close to him – he keeps his relationship with them, gives them guidance om good ways to live (such as the 10 commandments), and offers forgiveness even when they keep falling short;
- Christians believe God made our wonderful world and so we should look after it;
- The Bible tells a story (in Genesis 3) about how humans spoiled their friendship with God (sometimes called ‘the Fall’);
- This means that humans cannot get close to God without God’s help;
- Christians show that they want to be close to God too, through obedience and worship, which includes saying sorry for falling short.