How do festivals and worship show what matters to Muslims?
During the unit of work, the children will:
- Identify some beliefs about God in Islam, expressed in Surah 1.
- Make clear links between beliefs about God and ibadah.
- Give examples of ibadah in Islam and describe what they involve.
- Make links between Muslim beliefs about God and a range of ways in which Muslims worship.
- Raise questions and suggest answers about the value of submission and self-control to Muslims, and whether there are benefits for people who are not Muslim.
- Make links between the Muslim idea of living in harmony with the Creator and the need for all people to live in harmony with each other in the world today, giving good reasons for their ideas.