If the school or "Bubble" needs to close, remote learning conditions will apply.
- Each class teacher will be posting learning activities for their children via Goggle Classroom (GC), along with instructions and all the resources required to complete them. Wherever possible and appropriate teachers will provide teaching videos (these may be from White Rose, Bitesize etc or may be self made). Work will be set for the week but learning will be expected to be undertaken daily (several tasks per day in line with Gov.uk expectations). Any issues with the completion of the work must be made to the class teacher via GC at the earliest opportunity or by email via the Office. Additional work may be requested if the set work is completed. Optional tasks may be added but the set work must be completed before these are attempted unless specified by your teacher.
This will include:
An overview of the week/fortnight's tasks with guidance on how that might be timetabled.
- Children engaging in reading each day. This reading could be any material appropriate to their age, in books or online. We will also provide the children with extra reading books.
- Long and short writing activities.
- Reading comprehension tasks.
- A variety of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar based tasks.
- The setting and revision of spellings.
- Children will have access to TT Rockstars in order to be able to practise their times tables. Logins for the children and information sheets on how to use the site will be sent home with your child.
- Class teachers will set mathematics activities that may need work sheets to be printed off. Additional resources may be required and these will be sent home with your children at the time of closing.
- Children may also have topic work to complete and all classes have access to the Homework Grids from Autumn 1 that the children could complete. There will also be a list of websites the children could visit during the school closure to develop and support their learning.
Keeping in touch
- It is expected that ALL children will engage with remote learning unless they have a valid reason for not doing so. In this situation you must contact school (GC or school office) at the earliest opportunity to alert us to any difficulties. Teachers will be very aware via GC of who is completing work and engaging well with the process, but you need to say if you are having difficulties please, so that we can sort them out swiftly and continue your child's learning journey as best we can.
- We will endeavour to be in touch with all children/ families by telephone or Google Meet regularly (this may be weekly or fortnightly) during any lockdown/bubble closure.
While we appreciate that parents are not teachers, the support of the whole school community will ensure that children can continue to sustain their learning at home with the activities we provide.